At Mount Street Academy we are scientists! Science is a vital part of understanding the world around us. Our science curriculum supports both a depth of understanding and skills development, whilst igniting the natural curiosity of all our children.
During their time at Mount Street, we want children to develop confidence through the acquisition of knowledge, to question the world around them, to nurture the desire to make a difference, and to champion sustainable practices.
We want children to recognise the importance of science and develop a sense of excitement and curiosity. Our children will understand how science can be used to predict, observe, discuss and explain what is happening. We want children to gain knowledge and understand the methods and processes of science.
Through our science curriculum we:
- Create an environment where children are excited to know more.
- Develop pupils’ understanding of the world around them.
- Create future custodians that will look after and appreciate the world they have.
- Encourage children to apply scientific enquiry to enhance their knowledge and understanding.
- Give children the skills, confidence and resilience to experiment, problem solve and find solutions.
You can find a full description of our science curriculum intent, implementation and impact in the Science Quality in Education (QED) document below.